We converted three racquetball courts at the Natatorium into a full-on training center for all fitness levels. Discover what your body can do in the PTC, designed to accommodate functional, Olympic, personal, and small group training.
What are you capable of?
- Matrix Functional Trainer
- Squat Rack with plates and bar and Lock Jaw collars
- 2 adjustable benches
- PowerBlock interchangeable Dumbbells
- Tow Battle ropes; 50′ and 40′
- Medicine balls
- Slam balls (soft)
- Jump ropes
- Resistance bands
- Stability balls
- Foam rollers
- Individual exercise mats (10)
Bay Two + Turf
- BOSU Balls
- TRX suspension training with 4 straps
- Medicine (Jam) balls
- Agility ladders
- Individual exercise mats (10)
- 2 Drive Sleds with strap attachments
- Bumper plates
- 15′ climbing ropes
- 2 Crash pads
- Full set of soft plyometric boxes
- 3 Olympic Lifting Platforms
- 2 sets of Squat Stands
- 1 full set of Jerk boxes
- Olympic lifting bars
- Bumper plates up to 55lb pairs
- Block lifting chalk
- Weight lifting chains
- Lock Jaw collars
- 4 crash pads
- Dynamic functional training Rig: 24’ long, 4’ deep, 15’ high with monkey bars and lifting stations
- Water in a sealable container is allowed. Food, gum, and tobacco products are prohibited.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times while lifting in the PTC. Sandals, open-toe shoes, and street shoes are prohibited. Appropriate athletic attire is required.
- Bags and personal items are not allowed in the PTC. Appropriate storage space is available. Rec Well is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- No spitting on floor, machines, or equipment.
- Music recommendations and selection is at the USAW coach’s discretion. Explicit or offensive music is prohibited.
- Loose chalk is prohibited. Block, compressed, or liquid chalk is allowed on lifting platforms only.
- Participants wishing to use the Olympic weightlifting platforms are required to complete a Test-Out process. Please speak with a Rec Well employee for more details.
- Removal of any equipment is prohibited. Do not leave equipment unattended.
- Return and re-rack weights and equipment after use.
- Improvised use of equipment is prohibited.
- Control weights at all times.
- Weight collars must be worn on barbells at all times.
- Weight-bearing Olympic lifts are allowed on the platforms only.
- Assistance from weightlifting coaches and spotters is strongly recommended at all times.
- USAW coaches have authority over all conduct and use of equipment. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the facility.
- Olympic platforms may only be used under supervision of a Rec Well Olympic Weightlifting Coach.
- Use of Olympic weightlifting platforms is restricted to participants who have passed the Olympic Weightlifting Test-Out process. Lifters who are inactive on platforms for over two semesters will be required to retest.
- All lifts must be performed in a controlled manner throughout the entire movement.
- Release weights, including drops, in a controlled manner. Do not slam weights.
- Use of headphones is prohibited during Olympic weightlifting.
- Bumper plates and barbells must remain on the platform area at all times during use.
- Only ONE barbell is permitted on the platform at any given time. All other barbells MUST be racked.
- Return and re-rack bumper plates and barbells after use.
- Loose chalk is prohibited. Block, compressed, or liquid chalk is allowed on weightlifting platforms.
- Vertically stacking weight plates to create a heightened pulling base is prohibited.
- Jerk blocks may only be used on the platforms by participants signed in to use the platform.
- Snatches, cleans, jerks, and pulls may be performed from the jerk blocks. Participants should not use jerk blocks for movements outside the intended use.
- The top block must be used at all times.
- Participants must maintain grip of the bar when lowering weights onto the blocks.
- Partner workouts are permitted. Each platform is limited to two people.
- Only ONE person may perform lifts or squats on a platform at a time.
- Athletic shoes and non-metal cleats are allowed on the turf.
- The first half hour of every hour is designated “Turf Time”. Open use of the turf is permitted.
- The second half hour of every hour is open for rope climbing, with limited turf time.
- Each rope is limited to no more than TWO people at a time (one person spotting and one person climbing).
- Crash pads are provided for your safety and are strongly recommended for use.
- All climbing must be in a controlled manner. Swinging or irresponsible use will not be tolerated.
- Monkey bars may only be used under supervision of Rec Well staff
- Monkey bars may not be used when weight racks below are in use
- A second person may enter the monkey bars in Area 1 only when the first person has moved beyond Area 2
- Crash pads are provided for your safety and are strongly recommended for use
- Inexperienced users are encouraged to climb in Areas 1 and 2 only