The University of Wisconsin-Madison is proud to host NIRSA’s Championship Series Regional Basketball Championship from February 3 – 5, 2023. We look forward to having you come to Madison to compete against the best intramural & club teams in the country while enjoying all that our city has to offer.
2023 Tournament Schedule & Rules:
Keep up with the tournament here:
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Athletic Training Services
Throughout the tournament we will have two certified athletic trainers on site at all times to tape ankles, offer ice and splints, or other athletic training needs. They will be located between courts 4 & 5. Our team will provide bands and foam rollers, so please do not take them from the fitness floor so that we can ensure our members still have access to them.
- Please have physical copies of ID’s and all forms signed and completed prior to visiting us at the check-in table at 3:30 PM on Friday in the Nicholas Recreation Center lobby.
- Please use the front entrance when arriving for check in.
- Entrance for games taking place Saturday and Sunday will all take place at the Soderholm Family Aquatic Center entrance.
- Click here for the entrance map.
If your team cannot make it to check in on Friday, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. Plan on arriving early on Saturday to get that process taken care of well prior to gametime. If you have not sent the digital copies of those forms yet, please do so ASAP.
We will also have courts available for teams to practice on Friday evening. If your team is interested in using these courts, please reach out to us so that we can know how many to expect and ensure everyone gets to use them.
Parking for the event will be fairly limited. We recommend teams look to use public garages surrounding the Nicholas Recreation Center.
- Click the button below to view our tournament IMLeagues page.
- You may need to click the “Login” button at the top to sign into your account.
- Troubleshoot: If that doesn’t work, log in to IMLeagues as you typically do for your school/club.
- On the top ribbon, to the right of the “Home” button, hover over your current network.
- A dropdown menu should appear with “Add Network,” click it.
- In the “Search For A Network” box, enter “2023 Madtown Midwest Basketball Regional.” Once it appears, click join.
- From here, you will need to select “2023 Madtown Midwest Basketball Regional” tab (next to the logo and “Info” tab on the left side of the page), then you can select the appropriate division for your team and pay the registration fee, which is $300 before January 14. The registration fee after January 14 is $350.
- For NIRSA League teams only: Teams using our tournament as their tournament covered by NIRSA can use this coupon code to have the fee waived: NIRSA2023
- Start to add your players to your team’s roster.
- The one paper form that must be signed by the Registrar’s Office of your institution is attached. The rest of the forms will be filled out electronically on IMLeagues, we will let you know when those are ready.
- Pictures of completed forms can be sent to Kiley Foss (firstname.lastname@example.org) and physical copies will be submitted at check-in.
Refund Policy: Refunds for tournament registration will be given up to 10 days from the start of the event.
Each team will be given 20 access cards that will allow for team members and any spectators to enter the building through the front entrance. This is in order to keep building capacity in a range that will hopefully accommodate as many visitors as possible while still allowing for a safe environment and successful tournament. Space for spectators will be limited, but we encourage anyone who is interested to come join us this weekend!
We will be selling tournament t-shirts at our equipment check out desk in the lobby of the Nicholas Recreation Center.
- White long sleeve shirts: $25
- Black short sleeve shirts: $20
While supplies last. All sales will be final. Card must be used for purchase, no cash or checks.
Accommodation Statement: We are committed to offering inclusive and accessible programs. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in one of our programs, attend an event, or use our facilities, please contact us at (608) 262-0297 or email@example.com. All reasonable accommodation requests should be made at least 10 business days in advance. We will attempt to fulfill requests made after this date but cannot guarantee they will be met.
If you need the assistance of a service animal, please review University policy prior to entering our facility.