When & Where
SEE YOU AT THE SHELL
From ice skating to track workouts, the Shell has several options for you to play hard, get fit, and live well. Located next to Camp Randall Stadium, this facility includes a 200m indoor track, ice rink, cardio and strength equipment, and courts.
Hours of Operation
To protect the health and safety of our community, facility occupancy at the Shell is limited to 25% and reservations are required.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
How to make a reservation
How to make a reservation:
- Click here.
- Click the image for Shell Facility Access Reservation.
- Sign in with your Net ID or Guest Login. (Note: You may need to select the Shell image again after logging in.)
- Select the day you wish to reserve.
- Find a time you wish to reserve; click Book Now.
- You will receive a confirmation of your booked reservation time.
Please email email@example.com to cancel your reservation if you cannot attend.
|May 10 – 14 (Nick Maintenance Week)|
|Monday – Friday||6am – 7:30pm|
|May 15 – August 29|
|Monday – Friday||6am – 1:30pm
4:30 – 7:30pm
|Saturday – Sunday||CLOSED|
|Memorial Day Weekend|
|May 28||6am – 1:30pm
4:30 – 6pm
|May 29 – 31||CLOSED|
|July 2||6am – 1:30pm
4:30 – 6pm
|July 3 – 5||CLOSED|
Live Building Usage
Shell Weight Machines
Shell Cardio Equipment
See For Yourself
Amenities & Getting There
Programs & Features:
- Ice skating, hockey, figure skating, basketball, track workouts, and cardio & strength training
- 6-lane, 200-meter track
- Basketball courts
- Cardio & strength space
- Ice rink
- Metered parking on Monroe Street
- Lot 18 (located in front of the Shell): Parkmobile spaces; follow directions on signs in front of stalls to pay
- Lot 19 (near the UW Field House): Free after 4:30pm Monday – Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday
- Engineering Parking Ramp/Lot 17 (free on weekends)
- Lot 16 (3-minute walk): Permit required 24/7; any UW Lot Permit is valid after 4:30pm Monday – Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday
- Bike stalls are available in front of the Shell
- Moped parking available at Lot 690, 695, and 69
- Parking availability may be restricted without notice due to special events; for more information please visit the UW Transportation website and their Special Event Parking Calendar
- For more parking information, please contact UW Transportation
- Convenient bus lines include the 3, 6, 7, 58, 80, 81, 82, and 84
- The nearest station is located at the corner of Breese Terrace and Regent Street or in front of Union South on Campus Drive