As summer warms up, so do the annual staff intramural sports competitions!
Though COVID-19 postponed this summer’s Olympic games in Tokyo, we won’t let it stop us from hosting Staff Olympics. Throughout the month of July, we will be hosting both live and ongoing competitions for teams to participate in, all centered around and themed with Olympics.
Quick facts about summer intramurals:
- Free to any university staff
- Teams need 3 people to compete, no more than 5 people per team (let us know at registration if you need free agents)
- Units can form multiple teams if interest is there
- Competitions are hosted throughout July, live events will be hosted over the lunchtime period
- There will be an ongoing Active Badger Challenge, which will award team points for walking, running, biking and more
- Anyone interested in playing but without a team can register as a free agent and we will find you a team!
- Watch this 6-minute info session on who can play, how to play, and what we’ll play
- Review this presentation from the session
If after reviewing these materials you still have questions, please reach out to Ashley Lax! She will be your contact for all things Staff Olympics and will make sure you have all the info you need to have fun with us this summer.
Registration is open online through Tuesday, June 30. After registration closes, all participants will get an email with more details about competitions, schedules, scoring, and more.