The Shell ice rink is your campus home for ice skating and hockey fun. Equipment and locker rental is available for all of our members so you can drop in after class, on your way to work, or for our late night skates.
Purchase a Skate Pass for unlimited access to our Open Rec Skate, Open Hockey, and Stick & Puck at the rink. Open Rec Skate is open to all ages. Participants must be at least 18 years of age for Open Hockey and Stick & Puck.
|Semester||Fall + Spring|
|Rec Well Member
|Non-Rec Well Member
SKATE & PLAY AT THE SHELL
Our ice rink schedule provides certain times for recreational and figure skaters to take to the ice and for hockey enthusiasts to practice, play, and hone your puck-handling skills. All participants must be at least 18 years of age.
Invite your friends to join you as you enjoy time on the ice. Recreational, beginner, and advanced skaters are all welcome to join us at the Shell during this time.
Stick & Puck
Practice your non-shooting hockey skills during dedicated times. Gloves and helmets are required for all players. Goalies are welcome, but no pick-up games are permitted.
Get on the ice for pick-up hockey games. Full hockey gear is recommended. The first two goalies to arrive for each session will be admitted at no charge.
Theme Skate Nights
Join us on most Saturdays during the school year from 7 – 8:30pm to skate to carefully curated playlists based on the theme of the week.
Open Figure Skating
Open Figure Skating is a chance for figure skaters ages 18 and up to work on their skills in an environment dedicated solely to figure skating. Skaters are required to repair divots created from jumps, slush will be provided for this purpose.
RINK FEES & SKATE RENTALS
A valid Rec Well membership or photo ID is required to skate.
|Rec Well member||$5|
|Non-Rec Well member||$6|
|Youth (17 years old or younger)*||$4|
Skate rentals are available in most sizes at the Shell Member Services office. All participants are eligible to rent skates with a valid Rec Well membership or photo ID.
|Semester rental (unlimited)||$20|
|Academic year rental (unlimited)||$30|
ICE RINK POLICIES
- Instruction by skating professionals during open rec skating sessions is prohibited.
- Skating direction is at the discretion of staff on duty.
- Exercises and activities that may endanger you or others are strictly prohibited. We have the right to stop any activity we deem unsafe.
- All users must immediately exit the ice when the doors to the Zamboni garage open and remain off the ice until resurfacing is complete and the garage doors have closed.
- Benches are provided around the perimeter of the ice rink. Please do not sit on the boards.
- Ice hockey equipment is intended for the ice only. Use of this equipment off the ice is not allowed.
- Any equipment or activity that is not intended for this space must be approved by our staff.
- Stay hydrated with drinks in a sealed and shatterproof container. Please leave your food and gum outside of activity spaces.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Lockers are provided for rental in the ice rink.