The Shell ice rink is your campus home for ice skating and hockey fun. Equipment and locker rental is available for all of our members so you can drop in after class, on your way to work, or for our late-night skates.
Purchase a Skate Pass for unlimited access to our Open Rec Skate, Open Hockey, and Stick & Puck at the rink. Participants in Open Hockey and Stick & Puck must be at least 18 years of age.
|Semester||Fall and Spring|
|Rec Well Member
|Non-Rec Well Member*
Skate & Play at the Shell
Our ice rink schedule provides certain times for recreational and figure skaters to take to the ice and for hockey enthusiasts to practice, play, and hone your puck-handling skills. All participants must be at least 18 years of age.
Invite your friends to join you as you enjoy time on the ice. Recreational, beginner, and advanced skaters are all welcome to join us at the Shell during this time. Non-members and skaters younger than 18 years old are welcome to participate.
Drop in and play. The first two goalies to arrive for each session will be admitted at no charge (equipment rental not included). Gloves and helmets are required for all players. Helmets are available to rent for $2.
Stick & Puck
Practice your non-shooting hockey skills during dedicated times. Gloves and helmets are required for all players (helmet rentals available for $2). Goalies are welcome, but no pick-up games are permitted.
Theme Skate Nights
Join us on Saturdays from 7 - 8:30pm throughout the school year for theme skate nights. Have an idea for a future theme? Let us know when you stop in to the rink. View the schedule under "Open Rec Opportunities" on our Ice Rink page.
Rink Fees & Skate Rentals
A valid Rec Well membership or photo ID is required to skate.
|Rec Well member||$5|
|Non-Rec Well member||$6|
|Youth (17 years old or younger)||$4|
Skate rentals are available in most sizes at the Shell Member Services office. All participants are eligible to rent skates with a valid Rec Well membership or photo ID.
|Semester rental (unlimited)||$20|
|Academic-year rental (unlimited)||$30|
Ice Rink Policies
- Instruction by skating professionals during open rec skating sessions is prohibited.
- Skating direction is at the discretion of staff on duty.
- Exercises and activities that may endanger you or others are strictly prohibited. We have the right to stop any activity we deem unsafe.
- All users must immediately exit the ice when the doors to the Zamboni garage open and remain off the ice until resurfacing is complete and the garage doors have closed.
- Benches are provided around the perimeter of the ice rink. Please do not sit on the boards.
- Ice hockey equipment is intended for the ice only. Use of this equipment off the ice is not allowed.
- Any equipment or activity that is not intended for this space must be approved by our staff.
- Stay hydrated with drinks in a sealed and shatterproof container. Please leave your food and gum outside of activity spaces.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Lockers are provided for rental in the ice rink.