Introduction to Resistance Training
Learn how to safely and effectively perform fundamental movements to improve total body strength. Participants will be exposed to a variety of free weight resistance training options such as body weight, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, suspension trainers, and barbells.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This 8 week course will emphasize fundamental movements such as the squat, hip hinge, push, pull, carry, and lunge. Upon completion of the course, participants will be more knowledgeable, stronger, and confident utilizing resistance training movements and modalities.
- Individuals who are new to resistance training or those who have some experience but would like to learn more
- All levels of exercise experience are welcome
- 90 min total of instruction from two Rec Well personal trainers
- Each session will consists of a 15 min educational piece and a 75 min workout
- Each workout will consist of a proper warm-up, total body exercises focusing on strength development, and a cool down