Injuries happen. Whether it’s from playing an intramural sport or performing daily activities, our athletic trainers are here for all UW-Madison students. Available services include injury evaluation, treatment planning, rehabilitation, sports medicine education, and injury prevention.
Our athletic trainers also support more than 2,100 sport club athletes, dance majors, and the UW Marching Band to ensure that they are safely performing at the highest level. With multiple locations across campus and flexible hours there are a variety of ways for students to access their sports medicine needs.
APPOINTMENTS AND SERVICES
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
How to Make an Appointment
- Go to myUHS, log in using your NetID
- Select Appointments on the left
- Click Schedule an Appointment
- Select Student Health Services
- Select Athletic Training
- List reason for appointment (e.g. “Low back pain”)
- Confirm contact information
- List callback number (please confirm this number is accurate)
- Select your preferred appointment time
- Injury evaluation and care
- Rehabilitation following injury or surgery
- Injury prevention exercise programs
- Functional Return-to-Play programs following an injury
- Concussion evaluation and Return-to-Play progression plans
- Education on a variety of sports medicine topics
Shadow an Athletic Trainer
Interested in becoming an athletic trainer? Sign up to shadow one our licensed Rec Well athletic trainers here. This program is open to all students, but priority will be given to students who need hours to apply for an MSAT program.
BOOST MICROGRAVITY TREADMILL
The Boost Microgravity treadmill is available to all Rec Well members through our reservation system for free. Microgravity treadmills are used to train at a decreased body weight that reduces stresses on the body that may otherwise result in injury or pain.