Injuries happen. Whether it’s from playing an intramural sport or performing daily activities, our athletic trainers are here for all UW-Madison students. Available services include injury evaluation, treatment planning, rehabilitation, sports medicine education, and injury prevention.
Our athletic trainers also support more than 2,100 sport club athletes to ensure that they are safely performing at the highest level. With two convenient locations across campus, flexible hours, and telemedicine options, there are a variety of ways for students to access their sports medicine needs.
Athletic Training services are available via telehealth appointments. To schedule a telehealth appointment, please visit MyUHS or call (608) 265-5600. If there are no appointments available or you have other questions, please contact Assistant Director of Athletic Training Erin Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State licensure requires students receiving medical evaluations be physically present in the state of Wisconsin at the time of their evaulation.
- However, if you would like to request an injury prevention program or have general sports medicine-based questions, you do NOT need to be in the state of Wisconsin. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this service.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
|Monday – Thursday||9am – 4pm|
|Friday||9am – 12pm|
In-person athletic training appointments are still in the approval process for this location. Once approved, this service will only be provided following an initial telemedicine evaluation
Appointments & Services
How to Make an Appointment
- Go to myUHS, log in using your NetID
- Select Appointments on the left
- Click Schedule an Appointment
- Select Student Health Services
- Select Athletic Training
- List reason for appointment (e.g. “Low back pain”)
- Confirm contact information
- List callback number (please confirm this number is accurate)
- Select your preferred appointment time
- Injury evaluation and care
- Rehabilitation following injury or surgery
- Injury prevention exercise programs
- Functional Return-to-Play programs following an injury
- Concussion evaluation and Return-to-Play progression plans
- Education on a variety of sports medicine topics
Your Athletic Trainers
ERIN CLARK, MS, LAT
Erin Clark was hired as the coordinator of athletic training in August 2018. Prior to Rec Well, she was employed as an assistant athletic trainer at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater with Intercollegiate Athletics for 10 years. She completed her Masters of Science at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse while working as a graduate assistant athletic trainer in campus recreation. She completed her Bachelors of Science in Athletic Training at UW-La Crosse in 2006. She takes special interest in concussion management and injury prevention strategies. Erin enjoys the great outdoors, hiking, fishing, golfing, and spending time with her husband, three boys, and Husky.
Phone: (608) 890-0637
JEROD KEENE, MS, LAT
Jerod Keene has been an athletic trainer for six years and is beginning his fourth year working with Sport Clubs at UW-Madison. Jerod completed his undergraduate degree in Athletic Training at UW-Madison in 2010 and his Masters at Ohio University in 2013. He enjoys the wide variety of athletes he gets to work with and learning the idiosyncrasies of each sport. In his spare time, Jerod likes to stay active by playing hockey, ultimate Frisbee, running, and skiing. Jerod also likes to travel to places that offer an array of outdoor activities.
Phone: (608) 890-1959
How are we doing?
Do you have questions about athletic training? Suggestions on what we could be doing better?
Please fill out our suggestion form below.