Massage therapy can decrease stress, reduce pain, promote healthy sleep, and relax the mind and body. Appointments are 60 minutes and only available to UW-Madison students. Our massage therapists will work with you to understand the type of massage you want and answer any questions you have.
Massages take place in the Wellbeing Services room on the first floor of the Nicholas Recreation Center. Due to University guidelines, masks are required indoors at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
Appointments can be made up to 14 days in advance. We recommend checking our website often, as late cancellations happen and same day appointments are sometimes available.
During the summer term, UW-Madison students not enrolled in summer credits are required to purchase a Student Summer Membership in order to book a massage.
What to Expect
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early for your appointment. You will check in and pay at the Member Services desk before your appointment begins.
- We only accept cash tips directly to the massage therapist and cannot provide change (industry standard is 10-20%).
- Even after the UW-Madison’s mask policy ends on March 12, masks are still required in clinical spaces, including our massage room.
- Cancellations will not be accepted in-person or over the phone. If you’re unable to make your appointment, please cancel your booking online 24 hours in advance.
- If you do not cancel and are a no-show for your appointment, you will be charged a $25 no-show fee.
MEET OUR MASSAGE THERAPIST
Esther Martin trained at the New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics in 2018. She is very practiced at Swedish, deep tissue, relaxation, and trigger point massage. Every session is focused on what the client needs that day, with an emphasis on working with the client, rather than to them.
If you have questions or would like more information about massage therapy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.