The Rejuvenation room at the Bakke Recreation & Wellbeing Center includes three nap pods for members to use to rest, recharge, and relax with a 20-minute nap. The nap pods are free to all members and are available on a first-come basis. No appointment necessary.
Studies have shown that a 15 – 20-minute nap boosts memory, cognitive skills, creativity, and energy levels. Sleep is an important component to your overall wellbeing.
The nap pods are located on the second floor, in the Wellbeing area. All personal belongings should be secured in a locker. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Day use lockers can be found in multiple locations on Level 2.
We ask that you do not use the nap pods after physical activity. Refrain from having conversations. Please use a quiet voice within the nap pod area. Keep magnetic objects away from the nap pods.
NAP PODS POLICIES
- One participant in a nap pod at a time.
- Food and gum are prohibited.
- Drinks are allowed in sealable, shatter-proof containers only.
- The use of cameras and video recording devices including cell phones is prohibited.
- Wipe down pod after use with the towel and disinfectant spray. Please spray the towel, not the equipment, and once the nap pod is clean place the towel in the used towel bin.
Q & A
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Do I need to bring headphones?
You can bring your own headphones but you will need to plug them in (standard auxiliary jack). You can also connect headphones to your phone and listen to your own music and mute the nap pods.
What is the maximum load for a nap pod?
The maximum load for a nap pod is 350 pounds.
When can I use this space?
The nap pods are open when the facility opens. The nap pods close 15 minutes prior to the building closing.