In anticipation of reduced campus operations and workforce later this week, as well as growing public health concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be closing all Rec Well facilities and cancelling all programs, services, and events indefinitely, starting tomorrow, March 16. Our top priority is always the health and safety of our community.
We know that staying active is part of your routine and it’s even more important during times of stress and anxiety like these. While our facilities are closed, we encourage you to find new ways to practice your wellbeing.
What you can do:
- Find at-home workouts. There are tons of free options on YouTube, or try online classes through ClassPass, Obé Fitness, and Peloton (even if you don’t have the bike!). Most platforms offer a free trial.
- Now that you have more time at home, you could tackle that to-do list item you’ve been putting off for awhile. Lean into spring cleaning, start a creative project, or fold the laundry you’ve been putting off.
- Practice mindfulness. Download the Healthy Minds Program app, created by the Center for Healthy Minds at UW-Madison, which can help you learn about the science of wellbeing from leading experts, build a daily habit of mindfulness through guided practice, and measure your wellbeing and track progress.
- Go outside. As long as you’re practicing social distancing, it’s okay to get outside and go for a walk while you listen to your favorite podcast.
- Stay connected. Reach out to friends, call a family member – maybe even try a workout using FaceTime. We’re all in this together.
What this means for memberships:
- Based on the University’s response to COVID-19 and the constantly evolving situation, we will not be issuing refunds at this time. Instead, we will be automatically extending all current memberships an extra 30 days beyond the current end date. If we continue to have limited facilities beyond April 12, we will reassess our refund policies at that time and provide all members with more information.
- For recurring members who wish to cancel their membership, please complete this form by April 12.
- We will not be accepting any online or in-person purchases of memberships or guest passes through at least April 12.
Take care of yourself and others:
- Follow the guidelines sent out by campus, which you can find on covid19.wisc.edu.
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands, make sure to wipe down equipment before and after your workout.
- Avoid large gatherings when you can.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
Please keep in mind that this situation is constantly evolving. For the most updated campus news, please visit covid19.wisc.edu. We will also be posting updates to recwell.wisc.edu and on our social media channels.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.