|This Monday, September 28, the Nicholas Recreation Center will open and the Shell and Nielsen Tennis Stadium will reopen. Here’s what you need to know.
At all facilities:
- Building capacity is limited to 25% and masks are required at all times.
- We are regularly cleaning equipment and all high-touch surfaces.
At the Nicholas Recreation Center:
- Reservations are not available. We will limit building capacity to 25% and require those waiting in line to physically distance.
- To maintain building capacity, you will scan your Wiscard or Rec Well ID upon entry and exit of the facility at the turnstiles. To do so, waive your card above the turnstile and wait for the gates to open. This is a contactless process; you do not need to touch the turnstile or gates.
- Cardio and weight spaces will be available for use.
- Day use lockers are available throughout the facility to store your items during your workout, but locker rooms are closed. Restrooms are open and available on every level.
- The Soderholm Family Aquatic Center is expected to open in mid-October to allow time for health and safety sign-offs as well as staff training.
At the Shell and Nielsen Tennis Stadium:
- You must make reservations for the Shell and Nielsen Tennis Stadium.
- The Shell ice rink will also open on Monday. Capacity on the ice will be limited to 25 people at a time and reservations are required.
Learn more and make a reservation at recwell.wisc.edu/smartrestart.
What to know about your membership:
All members: All current Classic members (Campus Affiliate, Household Adult, and Alumni) will have access to the Nicholas Recreation Center through October 11, 2020 for a free trial period. For those who would like to continue using the Nicholas Recreation Center after October 11, information on how to upgrade to an All-Access Membership will be shared in early October.
- We will automatically extend your membership equal to the number of days our facilities were closed.
- Last chance for refund requests! Refund requests for the COVID facility closure must be submitted before October 1, 2020. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request your prorated refund for your membership or locker for days we were closed due to COVID. Shell ice locker rentals will not be refunded. Your refund will be calculated based on the number of days remaining in your extended membership or locker rental from the date of refund request.
- As of October 1, we will not give refunds for past or future closures related to COVID. If we have any future closures related to COVID, we will continue to extend your membership for the days we are closed.
- October payments for recurring memberships and passes will be charged on October 1, 2020. If you would like to cancel prior to the October charge, you must fill out this form by 11:59pm on September 30, 2020. No refunds will be provided for any future recurring charges.
- Last chance for refund requests! Refund requests for the COVID facility closure must be submitted before October 1, 2020. Please contact email@example.com to request your prorated refund for your membership or locker for days we were closed due to COVID. Shell ice locker rentals will not be refunded. As of October 1, no refunds will be given for past or future closures related to COVID.
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org