We’re excited to announce that starting Monday, October 26, we’ll begin to offer a few in-person group fitness classes at the Nicholas Recreation Center. These classes are already on the group fitness schedule, but starting October 26, they will only be offered in-person, not virtually:
- Yoga, Mondays at 8am
- Powerflow, Mondays at 12:05pm
- Powerflow, Wednesdays at 8am
- Yoga for Stress Relief, Thursdays at 7:30pm
- Powerflow, Fridays at 8am
A Group Fitness Pass is required. In-person classes are limited to 10 participants and you must register online. Registration will open 48 hours before class.
A few other things to note:
- Masks are required at all times and you should stay home if you’re feeling sick or have had known exposure to COVID-19. You may review our Smart Restart guidelines here.
- We are trying to minimize equipment sharing. Please bring your own yoga mat if possible.
- You may arrive at the Nick no earlier than 15 minutes before class begins. A Rec Well staff member will be at the turnstiles to check you in for class. If there’s a line because we’ve reached capacity, you may go around it to check in for class.
- When you check in, you’ll show your Wiscard, receive a paper ticket, and be directed to the studio. For now, all in-person classes will be in Elevation Studio, which is on the fourth floor of the building. Remember to pick up a spray bottle and towel on your way upstairs and secure your belongings in a day use locker.
- Shortly before the start of class, our staff member will unlock and open the studio. There will be 10 spot markers, spaced out to allow for physical distancing. Please choose your spot and place the top left corner of your mat next to the spot marker.
- For the health and safety of everyone, late entry will not be permitted and no exit/re-entry will be allowed after class has started. If you must leave due to an emergency, you will not be able to return to class.
- After class, you will need to exit the facility. If you’d like to stay in the building, you must exit and re-enter to maintain accurate capacity counts.
Thank you for your patience as we work to offer programs while protecting the health and safety of our participants, staff, and community. We will continue to offer our robust schedule of virtual group fitness classes and add more in-person classes as we can.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.