On June 2, the following changes will go into effect at all Recreation & Wellbeing facilities, as outlined in the University’s recent announcement:
- Masks will no longer be required for those who are fully vaccinated (at least two weeks after final dose). Non-vaccinated people should still wear a mask indoors at all times. Masks are not required in outdoor settings; however, those who are not vaccinated are encouraged to wear them when physical distancing is not possible.
- We are strongly encouraging our staff, students, and members to get vaccinated. Learn more about vaccines offered by University Health Services at https://covidresponse.wisc.edu/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
- Building capacities will no longer be limited to 25% and pool capacity will no longer be limited to two swimmers per lane.
- Physical distancing of at least six feet will still be encouraged in all indoor spaces and required in various classes and programs. It is no longer a requirement in outdoor spaces.
- Due to physical distancing recommendations, current capacity limits in open rec basketball and group fitness classes will continue until announced otherwise. We anticipate those capacities will increase as the summer progresses. Make sure you’re following us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for the latest updates.
While vaccination rates in Dane County and on campus are promising, please remember these simple health tips: stay home if you’re feeling sick, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, and stay at least six feet apart from others when indoors.
We know this has been a challenging year, and we want to thank you for your continued flexibility as we’ve had to make numerous changes. While it’s no longer required, if you are fully vaccinated and would feel more comfortable wearing a mask inside, you are welcome to do so. Finally, individual masking choices should not be interpreted as an indicator of vaccinated/non-vaccinated status.
If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our Member Services team at email@example.com.