Starting on Day One, your experiences, ideas, and strengths will be valued and leveraged to help us deliver mission-driven results. We’ll help you prepare for the next step in your career, whatever it is that fills you with passion.
Our professional internship program provides an opportunity to apply and build on your academic knowledge while you advance your skills in the workplace. As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in the progress of our facilities master plan. Help us leave a legacy not only here in Madison but in the field of campus recreation and wellbeing. Plus, you’ll get to work alongside one of the fastest growing, future-thinking, creatively-inclined professional teams in the country.
We’re more than a building. We’re building a movement, and we want you to join us.
Academic Year Internships
Academic year interns are fully integrated into our full-time staff. While responsibilities vary by position and year, all interns are treated as professional staff and develop an in-depth perspective of our organization and operations.
There are no current openings.
The goals of the professional internship program are:
- Provide interns with the experience upon which to build professional careers and practice the application of skills
- Allow interns to apply, evaluate, test, and integrate academic knowledge and theoretical concepts in a work setting
- Develop and expand interns’ knowledge about themselves and their professional abilities, goals, and career interests in a work setting
- Expand interns’ awareness of the university campus and the field of campus recreation
- Provide interns with experience in the disciplined and discriminatory use of evidence in making decisions and solving problems in a work setting
- Enhance the perspective of the Division by bringing in novel perspective and creative ideas
- Leverage specialized strengths and skills sets of the intern in order to augment the abilities of the professional staff
Fpr more information about our professional internship program, please contact Chad Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 262-9398.