Our recurring monthly payment option is designed to be a convenience for our Campus Affiliate, UW Alumni, and Household Adult members. This page outlines the full details and requirements for the program. If you have additional questions, please email us prior to making your purchase.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
What is the recurring monthly membership and how does it work?
The recurring monthly membership is paid by credit card. Your credit card will be charged at the time of purchase for a prorated amount of the remaining days in the current month. Your credit card will then be charged each month.
What can I purchase using this payment option?
Rec Well memberships and group fitness passes may be purchased using recurring monthly credit card payments. Lockers are not yet available for this payment option due to software limitations.
When will I see the charge posted to my credit card statement?
You should see the monthly charge posted to your credit card statement between the 1st and 10th of each month. If you purchase both a membership and group fitness pass, these will show as two separate payments on your monthly statement.
Will I receive a receipt each month?
Our system does not automatically send receipts. If you need one for insurance purposes, please email us. Our staff can provide a document showing all of your monthly recurring payments.
Is it secure?
Yes. A secure token is saved in our payment processing system so the credit card can be charged each month. We do not have access to your credit card information.
How do I enroll in the recurring monthly membership?
Campus Affiliates may enroll online or at the Natatorium, Shell, or Nielsen Tennis Stadium. Alumni and Household Adult members may enroll in-person at any of our member services offices. Please review the eligibility requirements on our memberships page.
How often do I have to renew?
All items purchased using the monthly recurring payment option have no end date. Items will be automatically renewed until you have submitted a cancellation form.
How do I upgrade my Classic recurring membership to the All-Access membership that includes access to the Nick?
All current Classic members have access to the Nicholas Recreation Center until Monday, October 12.
Beginning October 12, All-Access memberships will be required to access the Nicholas Recreation Center. This membership provides you access to the Nick, Shell, and Nielsen Tennis Stadium. Your current membership, called the Classic membership, will continue to provide access to the Shell and Nielsen Tennis Stadium. If you’re interested in upgrading your membership to the All-Access membership, please follow these steps to upgrade.
- Enroll in the All-Access membership online or in-person at a Rec Well Member Services office (this will include a charge of the remainder of the current month).
- Fill out this form to receive a prorated refund for the remainder of your Classic membership dates. Your refund will be calculated from the date of enrollment in the All-Access membership. A confirmation of refund will be emailed within 3 business days. Please allow 7-10 business days for your refund to show on your account.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- All-Access memberships will be charged monthly to your credit card. You are required to pay one automatic billing after initial enrollment before you can cancel.
- If purchasing your All-Access membership online prior to October 12, 2020, you will need to change your start date to October 12, 2020 to take full advantage of the free trial for Classic members that goes through October 11, 2020.
Upgrade in person or email us before purchasing if you have any questions.
How do I update my credit card to a new card (due to an expiring credit card or lost/stolen card)?
Follow these steps to update your credit card for a recurring monthly membership/pass. If you have issues while attempting to update your card, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If card is no longer valid and not updated prior to the monthly billing, a declined payment will result in membership cancellation effective immediately (member will receive an email).
- Log in to Member Portal (top right Log In button)
- Click username in top right
- Click “Profile”
- Select “Saved Payment Info” on left-hand side menu (bottom option)
- Recurring payment card will be located here; click Update button
- Enter new card information & click SUBMIT
- A $1.00 authorization amount will show as pending on your new credit card; this will not post to your account
How do I cancel this payment option?
Monthly recurring payment options are non-refundable/non-transferable. All cancellations must be submitted using the Monthly Recurring Cancellation Form. After initial enrollment, one automatic billing charge is required before cancellation. For example, if you enroll on December 1 but wish to cancel at the end of December, you will be required to pay the January automatic billing charge, and your membership will continue through January.
Cancellations received by the last day of the month will not be charged for the following month (except for the 1st month after enrollment). Any cancellations received on or after the 1st of the month will be charged for that month, and access to facilities or programs will be maintained for the remainder of that month.
Who do I contact with questions regarding my monthly recurring membership?
Members can contact our member services team via email.