Update on September 10, 2020: Given Chancellor Blank’s announcement on September 9 that instruction will move online through September 25, the Shell and Nielsen Tennis Stadium are expected to open on Monday, September 28.
Due to today’s announcement from Chancellor Blank calling on students to limit in-person interaction and restrict movement for essential activities only, the Shell and Nielsen Tennis Stadium will be closed effective at 5pm today through Monday, September 21. As a result, the scheduled opening of the Nicholas Recreation Center has been postponed.
Information about how memberships are affected by this closure will be shared in the next few days.
Our outdoor spaces are open for individual recreation and exercise only.
During this time, we expect all students and employees will continue to follow the Badger Pledge and Smart Restart campus health protocols, including:
- Wear a face covering wherever you go, unless you have an accommodation. While we have had a requirement for face coverings indoors, we are now requiring face coverings outdoors as well unless you are engaging in individual exercise.
- Practice physical distancing of 6 feet or greater, on and off campus, inside and outside and even while wearing a face covering
- Do not attend gatherings of any type
- Respond in timely way to phone calls about contact tracing and be truthful in your responses
- Monitor symptoms via the Health Screen tool
- Delay all non-essential travel
We will continue to offer a variety of online programs, including virtual group fitness classes (which are free through September 13), intramural esports, wellbeing workshops, and more. Learn more here.