On Friday, October 29, we are hosting an event to thank generous Badgers who helped make the Nicholas Recreation Center and other significant campus improvements possible. In order to accommodate this event, the following spaces will be closed October 27 – 30:
- Courts 3 – 8 and Spark Studio will be closed Wednesday, October 27 through Saturday, October 30.
- Level 3 and Level 4 will be closed all day on Friday, October 29.
Given these closures, there are also a handful of changes to the group fitness schedule:
Wednesday, October 27
- 4pm Bags & Bells cancelled
- 5:15pm Bags & Bells cancelled
Friday, October 29
- 7am Barre moved to Momentum Studio (Level 2)
- 8am Core Strength cancelled
- 12:05pm Powerflow moved to Momentum Studio
- 4pm Zumba moved to Momentum Studio, changed to a 45-minute class
- 4:45pm Bags & Bells cancelled
- 5:15pm Group Strength cancelled
We understand these closures may be inconvenient and appreciate your understanding and flexibility. While these spaces are unavailable, here are a few other places you can still play hard, get fit, and live well:
- Courts 1 and 2 at the Nick will be available Wednesday through Saturday for open rec basketball and futsal. There are also four courts at the Shell, which is located by Camp Randall Stadium. (Please note, the Shell is a shared use facility with Athletics and closes between 1:30 – 5pm on weekdays for track and field practice. It will also be closed on Saturday, October 30 due to the home football game.) Check Daily Schedules for more information.
- There is additional exercise equipment at the Shell and Holt Fitness Center, both of which are open to all UW-Madison students. All-Access members may use the Shell as part of their membership.
- We have a variety of on-demand group fitness classes on YouTube.